Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Birds and The Devil


Birds and the devil can do what they want
Ease for your travel, and seeds on the lawn for you
Worms in the kettle, and wax on the windowsill 
Now till November, I'll listen and whistle

Warm weathered things sleep in the lilacs
The firefly blinks for the creatures to find him
Wake before dawn, and we'll sing of our dreaming
Bait on the awning, and bakery steaming 

Taste the grain in the atmosphere
Do you remember I waited last year?

Nectar and biscuits are fragrant and free
Succor and cinnamon sway from the apple tree
Cradle my head in your musical modesty
Wait for the devil to do what he wants

Lay your eggs on the balcony
Stretch out your legs and we'll wait as a family
May your cage be the galaxy
Pastries and crackers arranged at your beak 

Now until winter I'll always be whistling
Lifting the window, and counting the stars again
Call to my ears from the mouths of the pillowy
Lavender fields if you follow your heart

May thaws sesame waterfalls
Do you remember the bread that I brought for you? 
Play from your breath a celestial song to me
Wait for the devil to do what he wants


(original poem with imaginary copyright)


No comments:

Post a Comment