Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

The Big News

  I'm thinking about changing the name of my blog to,"Princess Garbageface Sometimes". The whole "today" thing might seem to imply that I'm capable of writing something blog worthy every day. I'm not. Sure, I could write a couple lines of sweet nothings, but it would be for no reason with no real thought. I also understand that my blog isn't nearly as convenient to read as everything else you've ever read, and whatever mistake occurred to lead you here  isn't likely to repeat if all you find is a brief description of my menstruation or what I did with my hair today. That sells great on facebook, but everyone wants a hug. More importantly, it's rumored that short blogs are frowned upon, and I would be nothing without the smiles of people who as far as I know don't exist. Filling the daily gap with bull would fall far too short of the fine quality expected from my fan. 
  I'm not saying that it would be impossible to write so much so often. If it was my job, I would. This blog is just a new drop in the bucket of all the many things to do that would be just as well not done. On top of all of those things, are things that do matter, that I'm obligated to choose to do.  Above all is maintaining a balance of my choices that pleases me the most at the time. Too much of any one thing is no good. Everything needs rest to stay strong. For example, as my brain begins to exhaust from writing, I begin to spell phonetically. By the time I need a break from one thing, I'm usually ready to pick up on something else that was put on break earlier, so I kind of do what I want when I want, in an always occupied sort of way. 
  For an unemployed housewife with no children, I'm mysteriously busy. I can account for all the things I do, but I could stop everything aside from house cleaning, and appear just as productive. I do waste an unnecessary portion of my effort thinking about my tasks. I squeeze in chunks of laziness everywhere, but acting lazy doesn't always allow me to relax. I'm not at my best balance with that right now. Maybe it's the weather. Everyone wants to make the most of their summer. Maybe it's because I have no job. Maybe it's the voice in my head that knows how unimaginably busier everyone else is that won't shut up long enough to calm down. Maybe it's your fault. Busy, busy, busy.
  Writing is good for me, and I need the practice, and I love the fame. This blog is still experimental, but I'm committed until stated otherwise. If you don't expect too much from me, I won't give you too little. 







No comments:

Post a Comment