Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Are You There, God? I'm Not a Scientist!


  I avoid calling myself an atheist. It's true that I don't believe in an all-knowing decider. I privately tried to, for fun, when I was in the fifth grade. No one god in particular, just the general concept of there being one. Anyway, it didn't click with me, and I didn't feel any less like my toys might kill me in my sleep. Though, deep down I knew that my toys would never actually come to life, the idea of the possibility was instilled in me at a very young age, as are most beliefs.
  I love Satan, he's my favorite fictional character. I also like fairytales. If the phrase, "true love's kiss", is in the script, I'm gonna want to see that movie. But this isn't about why I love Satan, this is about atheism. Satan isn't real. Don't worry, it's disappointing, but I won't let it define me. If you were to ask a satanist to define their place in the universe, I doubt they would begin their answer with, "I don't believe in fairies", or, "I'm not a scientist!" When I think about my own perspective on life, my spiritual connectedness to the universe, and my feeling of purpose, god doesn't cross my mind. Why would it? I don't believe in god. 
  Spirituality is an emotion. I'm not empty inside. I have all of the emotions. I find too many things more interesting to have time to find interest in religion. How can I disregard something without reading all the books? I don't know. Did you enjoy reading ever book ever written before you were so sure about whatever it is you like to do? I'm like a composer who doesn't listen to music, or a writer who doesn't read. I'm keeping my creative mind free of influence and clean of comparison until my masterpiece of understanding the meaning of life is complete. Or, I'm just lazy and I think you're silly. 
  If I'm so lazy, why do I make jokes about it? Because it's easy. God is often described with traits that if applied to a human would be flamboyantly evil, yet the same descriptions are meant to be examples of his infinite goodness. Evil is good. It's funny, I like it. I make jokes about all sorts of stuff, don't put me in a box. 
  I'm a good person. I don't know what will happen when I die, but so far I've managed not to rape or murder anybody. I believe in miracles, but I don't know how they're made. There's magic at work all around us. I have no idea why.
  Sometimes I imagine that there might be a color I've never seen. No matter how hard I try to envision such a color, it's impossible. I'm unable to fathom anything outside of the limits of my visual memory. Go ahead, try at home, it can't be done! This mystery color blows my freaking mind. And that's how I feel about the universe. It's fulfilling to wonder. I find other things fulfilling as well. 
  My soul doesn't sing of the absence of god. I have more significant things going on in my heart. I'm pretty sure I'm at one with everything. I'm not a Taoist. Is that important? Skip the atheist box, write in, "not a Taoist", and listen as the tone of your insurance agent's voice transforms. I bet you're a real firecracker. 
  The bottom line is, I'd rather say I'm an atheist than explain my views like an agnostic hippy. I've never been so sure of anything in my life. 
  Yep. I've got it alll figured out. Spreading the word of nothingness from one village to the next, on faith that I'll be thanked later. Giving the children gifts in exchange for their crucifixes, and food to the hungry who renounce their illogical ways. Oh, happy day! The heavens are gaseous, and I grow stronger by the minute! Do not worship me, for I do not approve. Although, there are no consequences for anything you do. Smart, smart, smart, smart, spaghetti monster, evolution. 




http://princessgarbageface.blogspot.com/2014/07/thank-you-satan.html

No comments:

Post a Comment